Sunday, January 07, 2007

Prosperous Plum


Ok - so it isn't so flattering as a tank top (tharms... doncha know) - but I'm thinking I really like it as a vest, and vests are coming back, so there ya go.Don't stare at the cables if they make you uneasy.... I just blithely ignore them, myself.
Pattern: Prosperous Plum
Yarn: Cotton Fleece, less than three skeins
Size 8 KnitPicks Options

Comments: The pattern says to knit with 4" negative ease - and they're not kidding. It is certainly not too small, in fact, I stretched it as long and thin as I could when I blocked it - because it was a bit too short and slightly too big (even though I added an 1" to the length).

All in all, I'm happy with it. I love the eyelet detail and the picot hem. And.... it only took me a week to knit! That's gotta be some kind of record for me!In fact, I have already bought more Cotton Fleece and plan to make another - but I'm gonna figure out a different cable pattern. We'll see

1 Comments:

Blogger CaveGurl said...

Gorgeous! I really like it as a vest, what a great idea! I can't wait to see the next one you will make. Please let me know how the alternate cables turn out.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home